Afraid to Ask
Written by James Baldwin
Photography by Jack Offord
Afraid to Ask (ATA) is a bold, exciting, devised piece of theatre and possibly THE BEST COLLEGE Show in the World ever since it marks the theatrical inauguration of the egg’s new partnership with Bath College.
Maybe you’ve a question in the back of your head, right now? Maybe it’s a question you don’t dare to ask, maybe it’s a question to which you don’t want to hear the answer, maybe you’ll just google it because that way maybe you won’t have to listen to some hilarious*, insightful*, heartwarming*, painfully boring*, eye-watering*, inappropriate*, condescending*, riot-inciting*, FFS-ing* answers. Maybe you’ll ask your question as part of the show?
If you ask a young person what is actually happening, breath by breath, and if you actually listen to the answer, you might hear and see something you had not ever known was there.
This is what our intrepid company will be undertaking and if you’re not there to see the theatrical outcome, you might remain forever too afraid to ask.
*none/all may apply.
ALL PERFORMANCES SOLD OUT!
Showing: 08/02/2018 - 10/02/2018
Time: 7:30 pm
£9 adult / £8 children. A booking fee of 50p per ticket applies.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The recommended age ranges are for your guide only. We suggest you stick as closely to them as possible for the benefit of other audience members.
- Lap seats are available at £1.50 (including booking fee) for infants aged 0 – 2 years; all patrons including infants must have a valid ticket. Lap seats are not available on performances recommended for children aged 0 – 2 years
- All bookings will incur a Booking Fee of 50p per ticket regardless of whether the booking is made in person at our Box Office, by post, by phone or online and applies to all payment types.
Creative & Production Team:
Director: Tim Bell
Writer: James Baldwin
Producer: James Moore
Designer: Anish Fields
Lighting Designer: George Seal
Sound Designer: Dinah Mullen
Stage Manager: Jenifer Sherlock
Puppetry Advisor: Tessa Bide
Tutor Support: Jo Keiller
Jax, Bad Cop: Adam Ball
Colin: Daniel Basson
Monique, Judge: Chante Bembridge
Director: Rose Fitter
Bombardier, Jason: Hamish Gregory
Reggie: Aaron Hillier
Abi, Solicitor, Pankhurst, Thatcher, Hopkins: Flora Lester
Writer: Jasmine Lye
Ellena, Stevie, Good Cop: Lauren Macauley
Sophie, Frankie: Olivia Mather-Brown
Alex, Landlord, Dad: Samuel Moore
Penny, Joo: Jenna Newport
Erin, Lucy: Kerry Rodaway
Raviv: Ephraim Sampson
Emily, Helen: Ana Snook
- The egg box office opens 9am – 6pm Monday – Saturday (Sunday if there is a performance)
- All plays are performed in English and take place in the egg auditorium unless otherwise stated.
- Nearby parking space for Blue Badge Holders
- Level access into building
- Lift to all levels
- Adapted toilets
- Sennheiser Infra-Red Audio System in auditorium
- Hearing & Guide Dogs allowed
- Wheelchair spaces in the Stalls only (Accompanying persons pay discounted price)
- Breast Feeding Friendly
Under 12s are not admitted to the egg theatre auditorium unsupervised.
PLEASE NOTE: Print At Home tickets are only valid as A4 printouts. We cannot currently accept tickets presented on phones/tablets.
Relaxed Performances – Open to everyone, but specifically adapted for children with an Autistic Spectrum Condition, individuals with sensory and communication disorders, those with learning disabilities and anyone who would benefit from a more relaxed environment.
Full terms and conditions of ticket bookings can be found on the Theatre Royal Bath’s website.