Written by Alice Birch
Photography by Jack Offord
[BLANK] is a play about absence, about the disparate yet connected stories of the thousands of adults and children affected by the criminal justice system.
In this outstanding piece of new writing by Alice Birch, a challenge is presented to the company, who must create their own play from a selection of 100 non-linear scenes. Bath Theatre Academy first-year students will work as an ensemble to piece together a narrative from these vignettes. Their version of [BLANK] will be the result of an experiment in finding order in chaos, or exposing the messy reality of a system that fails to serve its most vulnerable members.
[BLANK] offers a glimpse into the world of the children who are the invisible victims of crime.
As part of the National Theatre Connections Festival, this piece is the inaugural performance of the Bath Theatre Academy 1st year students.
ALL PERFORMANCES SOLD OUT!
Showing: 24/01/2018 - 26/01/2018
Time: 7:30 pm
£9 adult / £8 children. A booking fee of 50p per ticket applies.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The recommended age ranges are for your guide only. We suggest you stick as closely to them as possible for the benefit of other audience members.
- Lap seats are available at £1.50 (including booking fee) for infants aged 0 – 2 years; all patrons including infants must have a valid ticket. Lap seats are not available on performances recommended for children aged 0 – 2 years
- All bookings will incur a Booking Fee of 50p per ticket regardless of whether the booking is made in person at our Box Office, by post, by phone or online and applies to all payment types.
Creative & Production Team:
- Director – John East
- Designer – Anisha Fields
- Lighting Designer – George Seal
- Sound Designer – Dinah Mullen
- Producers – James Moore & Laura Knight
- Tutor Support – Jo Keiller
- Connie Burgess
- Inca Bailey
- James Catley
- Liam Cox
- Grace Francis
- Luke Garner-Greene
- Tiola Gleeson
- Franky Holdsworth
- Scott Jerram
- Chyna Kaur
- Tabitha Langridge
- Lauren Maslen-Stephens
- Kayleigh Milsom
- Toby Mitchell
- Angus Mundin
- Kaylyn Neale
- Oliver Rodriguez Dolman
- Georgina Rose
- Paul Sage
- Edan Saunders
- Declan Tonkinson
- William Wilshire
- Patrick Withey
- The egg box office opens 9am – 6pm Monday – Saturday (Sunday if there is a performance)
- All plays are performed in English and take place in the egg auditorium unless otherwise stated.
- Nearby parking space for Blue Badge Holders
- Level access into building
- Lift to all levels
- Adapted toilets
- Sennheiser Infra-Red Audio System in auditorium
- Hearing & Guide Dogs allowed
- Wheelchair spaces in the Stalls only (Accompanying persons pay discounted price)
- Breast Feeding Friendly
Under 12s are not admitted to the egg theatre auditorium unsupervised.
PLEASE NOTE: Print At Home tickets are only valid as A4 printouts. We cannot currently accept tickets presented on phones/tablets.
Relaxed Performances – Open to everyone, but specifically adapted for children with an Autistic Spectrum Condition, individuals with sensory and communication disorders, those with learning disabilities and anyone who would benefit from a more relaxed environment.
Full terms and conditions of ticket bookings can be found on the Theatre Royal Bath’s website.