Written by Liz Lockhead
Photography by Mark Dawson
“I am all in a sea of wonders. I doubt; I fear; I think strange things which I dare not confess to my own soul” – Bram Stoker
Darkness descends over the wind-whipped headlands of Whitby, the silence scorched as a coal-black shadow tears through the sky. A howl echoes around the town’s twisting collection of castles, convents and caves.
Dracula. Dracula has come.
This winter, Bath Theatre Academy’s final year students present a retelling of Bram Stoker’s peerless Gothic masterpiece, told at a crossroads of human evolution. To whom – or what – do we turn when the Old Ways no longer light the path? How do you fight something you can’t see? And what if the thing you fear most grows, lives and pulses through your very veins?
ALL PERFORMANCES SOLD OUT!
Showing: 24/01/2019 - 26/01/2019
Time: 7:30 pm
£9 adult / £8 children. A booking fee of 50p per ticket applies.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The recommended age ranges are for your guide only. We suggest you stick as closely to them as possible for the benefit of other audience members.
- Lap seats are available at £1.50 (including booking fee) for infants aged 0 – 2 years; all patrons including infants must have a valid ticket. Lap seats are not available on performances recommended for children aged 0 – 2 years
- All bookings will incur a Booking Fee of 50p per ticket regardless of whether the booking is made in person at our Box Office, by post, by phone or online and applies to all payment types.
Creative & Production Team:
Producer: Laura Knight
Director: James Moore
Assistant Director: Liam Cox
Designer: April Dalton
Lighting Designer: George Seal
Sound Designer: Dinah Mullen
Costume Supervisor: Patricia Richards
Production Manager: Lisa Hall
Stage Manager: James Lisk
Deputy Stage Manager: Melody Lewis
Assistant Stage Manager: Paul Sage
Fight Choreography: Tiff Burr & Russell Eccleston
Hair & Make-up Assistants: Yasmin Ho & Hannah Charlton
Tutor Support: Jo Keiller & Kris Hallett
Count Vlad Dracula: Inca Bailey
Nurse Drinkwater, Vampire Bride: Tiola Gleeson
Nurse Grice, Vampire Bride: Franky Holdsworth
Van Helsing: Scott Jerram
Count Vlad Dracula: Chynna Kaur
Lucy Westerman: Tabby Langridge
Mina Westerman: Lauren Maslen Stevens
Renfield: Toby Mitchell
Mrs Manners, Doctor Goldman: Angus Mundin
Florrie Hathersage: Kaylyn Neale
Nurse Nisbett, Vampire Bride: Georgie Rose
Count Vlad Dracula: Edan Saunders
Count Vlad Dracula: Declan Tonkinson
Doctor Arthur Seward: Will Wilshire
Jonathan Harker: Patrick Withey
- The egg box office opens 9am – 6pm Monday – Saturday (Sunday if there is a performance)
- All plays are performed in English and take place in the egg auditorium unless otherwise stated.
- Nearby parking space for Blue Badge Holders
- Level access into building
- Lift to all levels
- Adapted toilets
- Sennheiser Infra-Red Audio System in auditorium
- Hearing & Guide Dogs allowed
- Wheelchair spaces in the Stalls only (Accompanying persons pay discounted price)
- Breast Feeding Friendly
Under 12s are not admitted to the egg theatre auditorium unsupervised.
PLEASE NOTE: Print At Home tickets are only valid as A4 printouts. We cannot currently accept tickets presented on phones/tablets.
Relaxed Performances – Open to everyone, but specifically adapted for children with an Autistic Spectrum Condition, individuals with sensory and communication disorders, those with learning disabilities and anyone who would benefit from a more relaxed environment.
Full terms and conditions of ticket bookings can be found on the Theatre Royal Bath’s website.