Our House Is on Fire
Devised by the company with Julia Head & Maisie Newman
Photography by Chelsey Cliff & Jack Offord
I’m scared it will choke me.
If I move it will follow me.
It will be bigger tomorrow.
As smoke seeps from every inch of Martha’s life, her family and friends continue to push forward. Martha’s life deteriorates as she struggles to ignore what she can see so plainly: her house and the world are on fire.
Devised by final year students studying at Theatre Royal Bath’s Theatre Academy, this piece marks the triumphant culmination of two years of study. An original piece of theatre, combining bold movement and contemporary writing, it asks us to face the very real possibility that our actions have dire consequences, and that time is racing forward towards oblivion.
‘Adults keep saying: “We owe it to the young people to give them hope.” But I don’t want your hope. I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. And then I want you to act. I want you to act as you would in a crisis. I want you to act as if our house is on fire. Because it is.’
ALL PERFORMANCES SOLD OUT!
Showing: 23/05/2019 - 24/05/2019
Time: 7:00 pm
£9 adult / £8 children. A booking fee of 50p per ticket applies.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The recommended age ranges are for your guide only. We suggest you stick as closely to them as possible for the benefit of other audience members.
- Lap seats are available at £1.50 (including booking fee) for infants aged 0 – 2 years; all patrons including infants must have a valid ticket. Lap seats are not available on performances recommended for children aged 0 – 2 years.
- All bookings will incur a Booking Fee of 50p per ticket regardless of whether the booking is made in person at our Box Office, by post, by phone or online and applies to all payment types.
Creative & Production Team:
- Director – Julia Head
- Dramaturgy & Movement – Maisie Newman
- Producers – James Moore & Laura Knight
- Set & Costume Designer – Molly Hawkins
- Lighting Designer – Joe Price
- Sound Designer – Ellie Showering
- Production Manager – Becky Vowles
- Stage Manager – Kay Hudson
- Deputy Stage Manager – Paul Sage
- Deputy Stage Manager Mentor – James Lisk
- Costume Support – Anna Dixon
- Chief Studio Technician – Lloyd Evans
- Tutor Support – Jo Keiller & Kris Hallett
- Creative Learning Administrator – Tracey Cook
- Martha – Lauren Maslen Stevens
- Nathan – Toby Mitchell
- Ed – Will Wilshire
- Laura – Inca Bayley
- Francis – Edan Saunders
- Jess – Tabitha Langridge
- Trevor – Scott Jerram
- Matt – Liam Cox
- Cassandra – Georgie Rose
- Claire – Tiola Gleeson
- Tracey – Chynna Kaur
- Clive – Angus Mundin
- Luke – Franky Holdsworth
- The Deer – Kaylyn Neale
- God – Patrick Withey
- The egg box office opens 9am – 6pm Monday – Saturday (Sunday if there is a performance)
- All plays are performed in English and take place in the egg auditorium unless otherwise stated.
- Nearby parking space for Blue Badge Holders
- Level access into building
- Lift to all levels
- Adapted toilets
- Sennheiser Infra-Red Audio System in auditorium
- Hearing & Guide Dogs allowed
- Wheelchair spaces in the Stalls only (Accompanying persons pay discounted price)
- Breast Feeding Friendly
Under 12s are not admitted to the egg theatre auditorium unsupervised.
PLEASE NOTE: Print At Home tickets are only valid as A4 printouts. We cannot currently accept tickets presented on phones/tablets.
Relaxed Performances – Open to everyone, but specifically adapted for children with an Autistic Spectrum Condition, individuals with sensory and communication disorders, those with learning disabilities and anyone who would benefit from a more relaxed environment.
Full terms and conditions of ticket bookings can be found on the Theatre Royal Bath’s website.