Nora: A Doll’s House
By Stef Smith
‘I see now our home has been nothing but a playroom. I am a doll-wife.’
- 1968. 2018. Three eras. Three women. Three fights for freedom.
The same struggle.
As outsiders looking in, we see a woman holding together a home. But when a secret from the past threatens to dismantle Nora’s carefully constructed world, she is forced to make a choice.
Henrik Ibsen’s brutal portrayal of womanhood in A Doll’s House caused riots when first performed in 1879. This bold new version by Stef Smith reframes the drama across three different time periods.
What does it mean to be a woman, a wife, a mother?
How do you escape a structure designed to lock you in?
This amateur production is presented by arrangement with Nick Hern Books.
Showing: 20/05/2021 - 22/05/2021
Time: 7:30 pm
£12 / £10 concessions
Tickets to a live-streamed performance are also available for £15 per household: https://www.theatreroyal.org.uk/event/nora-a-dolls-house-live-stream/
Creative & Production Team:
- Director – Julia Head
- Movement Director – Sophie Cottle
- Producers – Laura Knight & James Moore
- Set & Costume Designer – April Dalton
- Lighting Designer – George Seal
- Sound Designer – Dinah Mullen
- Production Manager – Lisa Hall
- Stage Manager – Hollie Marshall
- Deputy Stage Manager – Rob Browning
- Assistant Stage Manager Mentor – Shelby Frayling
- Costume Supervisor – Anna Dixon