By David Adjmi
Image by Extra Strong
“Maybe they are starving. I hear things, but then I think maybe it’s all a canard?”
If you were married at 14, the Queen of France by 21, and declared the most hated person in history by your early thirties, what decorative sculpture would you put in your hair?
Despite the towering wigs, bottomless champagne and artificial pastures complete with perfumed sheep, Marie Antoinette’s life isn’t all fun, frolics and French fancies.
As France’s romance with its monarchy sours, someone must become the sacrificial lamb.
David Adjmi’s Marie Antoinette holds a mirror up to our contemporary society that might just be entertaining itself to death.
Heads. Will. Roll.
This amateur production is presented by arrangement with Concord Theatricals
Showing: 27/05/2021 - 29/05/2021
Time: 7:30 pm
£12 / £10 concessions
Tickets to a live-streamed performance are also available for £15 per household: https://www.theatreroyal.org.uk/event/marie-antoinette-live-stream/
Creative & Production Team:
- Director – Claire O’Reilly
- Movement Director – Karla Shacklock
- Producers – Laura Knight & James Moore
- Set & Costume Designer – April Dalton
- Lighting Designer – George Seal
- Lighting Assistant – Alice Truman-Boal
- Sound Designer – Dinah Mullen
- Production Manager – Lisa Hall
- Stage Manager – Becky Vowles
- Deputy Stage Manager – Rob Browning
- Assistant Stage Manager Mentor – Katie Glassbrook
- Costume Supervisor – Anna Dixon
- Wardrobe Assistant – Beth McClelland-Jenkins